Sunday, January 16, 2011

Prayer Request

Dear PAK Sisters:

Our Alpha Beta sister Linda Christian had surgery on January 11, 2011, for a brain tumor. She came through the surgery fine, but will have quite a recovery ahead of her. She’s at the Baptist Hospital in Jackson, MS.  Please pray for Linda and her family that God will bring her healing and strength and comfort for her family.

UPDATE:  Thank-you so much for your prayers. They had to take my mom back into surgery because she had developed a blood clot yesterday morning (Thursday, 1/13). She made it through that. Today, (Friday, 1-14 @ 8:48 a.m.) we are at the point before the blood clot develop. She is still on the ventilator, she is moving her right leg and arm. She is trying to open her eyes. The Dr. removed the drain from where he did the surgery and she did not like it one bit! (which is a good sign). My Dad Cell number is 601-415-1951 if you would like to call him but I will try to keep you posted. My cell number is 601-618-9613. I was with my Dad most of Monday through Thursday and spent Wednesday night with him in the ICU waiting room. I went to the visiting hour at 6:00 a.m. then came to work after. My brother Scott is going to spend the rest of the day with my Dad then I will go back over tonight. Since my surgery, I have no annual or sick leave left. I have already started taking some leave without pay. I will be over there this weekend and Monday (since it is a Government Holiday). Thank-you for keeping my mom in your prayers - God Bless you and the other PAK Sisters!

Peace,
Tracy

Todays's (1/16/2011) UPDATE:
I just talked with Joan Morgan and she said Linda is improving. They have taken out the tube in her throat, which is naturally sore. She’s not eating yet because of the soreness. Her left arm and leg have been affected and she has lost some peripheral vision in the left eye. The doctors said the tumor had been growing for 30 years and was huge. They were able to remove almost all of it. Linda should be in ICU another couple of days. Please keep Linda and her family in your prayers.

Pam Gee

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...